Dose: 0,5-3mg 30-60min before bedtime
Melatonin is a hormone produced in your brain.
It is produced when its dark and suppressed when it is light around you.
Serotonin is a precursor to Melatonin. Food that contain or increase serotonin levels also increase melatonin levels. Eat carbs like oat, barley and banana. Or walnuts
It helps you sleep at night.
But it also has additional benefits you can take advantage of.
- Blue light/ light from screens
- Sleep aid
- May inhibit tumor growth
- May prevent cell death and brain damage
- Activates BDNF and grows nerve cells
- Helps relive Alzheimer and Parkinson symptoms
- Relieve menopausal symptoms
- Lowers blood pressure
- Anti inflammatory
- Anti aging
- Improves diabetes
- Relieves neurological pain in Fibromyalgia
- Stimulates the immune system if your immune system is suppressed
- May help treat Tinnitus
- May prevent nightly visits to the toilet
- May help with anxiety
- May reduce hair loss if used topically
- Helps protect your skin from UV damage