Look around you.
Plastic products everywhere.
Plastic does not completely brake down.
It just tears up and becomes smaller and smaller.
These tiny particles, microplastics are filling up the oceans.
Starving and poisoning marine life.
And if you eat sea food, it ends up on your plate.
Microplastics are found in beer!
Why is plastic bad for your health?
Well, microplastics bind to toxic components like heavy metal.
They carry these as they enter your body.
Products containing plastics are a severe health and environmental concern
Researchers fear the consequences are and will be much greater that we can imagine.
Plastic particulates found inside lounges of people with lounge cancer.
Many skin care products contain microplastics as an ingredient!!!
It's actually quite common. Shaving foam, toothpaste, soaps, creams, detergents.. And many many more.
Tires, paint and clothes give of tons of plastic.
Plastic cups and cutlery including straws.
What can you do?
- Buy food not covered in plastic if you can
- Use a cotton bag or choose paper bags when shopping
- Keep a shopping bag in your car, backpack or purse
- Do not buy toys or utilities made of plastic. Choose wood or steel
- Find cosmetics and personal care products without plastic ingredients and packaging
- Do not buy or use clothes made from plastic. Choose natural materials instead of synthetic
- Bring your own mug to the cafè
- Do not use disposable plastic cutlery. Bring straws/cutlery made of paper/bamboo or steel
- Do you really need to use the car this time? It shreds microplastics like a plauge
- Join Facebook groups fighting plastic and sign petitions!
You and me, we are the ones who need to take responsible for this.
We have to demand a change in the market.
Would you dare to demand change?