How to lose weight and stay thin
Being over weight will shorten your life.
It increases your probability of developing numerous diseases.
A low calorie diet has shown to increase the lifespan of many organisms. Lifestyle changes can also heal your diseases.
Read on to learn how to lose weight and stay thin.
How to lose weight
If you want to lose weight you will need to know why you are at your current weight.
Your way of living, your lifestyle and habits, have resulted in where you are now.
You need to be fully aware of the reasons you are over weight.
- How have you been eating? Fast, slow?
- What are you eating and drinking?
- How active are you on a daily basis?
- What are your daily routines/habits?
If you eat fast, you will eat more calories before your brain registers that you are full.
Activity burns energy. Low activity = low energy burn.
In one way or another you have consumed more energy that you have used.
There are multiple APP's and websites you can use to calculate your energy intake.
I use this:
Logging your food and drink will teach you where your excess energy comes from.
This makes it easier when you move on to correcting your energy balance.
You should now start using more energy that you eat.
Further down you find tips on how.
Do not go hungry:
- Hunger increase hormones like Grehlin stimulating your body to store fat
- Water fills you up with absolutely no calories. Hot water with shredded veggies and low fat bullion/broth
- Fiber satisfies hunger. High fiber, low calorie food like vegetables(spesially leafy greens), bran, husk, arrowroot and chia should be your main food. Add berries and low carb sweetening
- Always keep food at hand to kill hunger fast. Chinese cabbage, soup in a thermos, nuts, water
Did you know:
Burning/avoiding 770kcal will allow you to lose 100 g of fat
Eat less calories:
- Drink lots of water. 2-3 liters a day
- Eat vegetables!! In any way. Cooked, raw, dry fried.. Do this and you win. It's that easy
- Don't over eat proteins. Proteins are calories. Your weight in kg gives your needed weight of proteins in gram. 70 kg body weigh = 70 g proteins
- Eat fiber. It fills you up providing little energy. Vegetables contain fiber. Buy fiber to add to shakes or soups
- Avoid carbs and fast food. I know, it goes without saying..
- Eat less fruits and grains/pastry. It is carbs
- Eliminate excess energy. Butter, dressing.. no-no's
- Limit or eliminate the use of cows milk and juice. It is liquid sugar
- Eat A LOT of berries. Low calorie nutrients packed with fiber
Burn stored energy:
- Increase your daily activity level. Get your heart pumping every day
- Focus on large muscle group that burn a lot of energy. Your thighs and glutes
- Find activities you enjoy doing
- Use pictures and videos as motivation. Look at them when you lose motivation
- Coffee, chili, flax seeds and celery burns fat/increase metabolism
Use a scale or a smart watch/activity monitor if you find it motivating.
I use a Fitbit watch and I find it very motivating. I also watch fitspo vids on youtube.
Maintain your new weight
- You now know why you have gained weight
- You know how to fix it
- Do not return to your old lifestyle. You know how it ends
- Keep eating vegetables and spend energy through daily activities
- Know yourself. What are your challenges? Why? How can you prevent them?
- Always keep water on hand
- Always keep low carb snacks on hand
- Don't do any shopping when hungry
Return to this blog when in need of a reminder ;)